Article graphics courtesy by OSC
Information compiled and written by Mike Jones
Mark your calendar for the 2019 Orlando Science Center – Moon Fest 50th Anniversary Celebration on July 20 & 21, 2019. “That’s one small step for man…one giant leap for mankind!” Join us for Moon Fest as we commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing, one of humankind’s most significant achievements. It’s sure to be two days of out-of-this-world programming, experiments, films and more! Rain or shine this event goes on.
It is a quick drive from Downtown Orlando to the OSC at 777 East Princeton Street, Orlando, Florida 32803. Check your GPS for the best route there. There is limited street parking. Most visitors park in the OSC parking garage for a fee per vehicle.
Moon Fest is included with admission to Orlando Science Center, which is free for members, $21 for adults, $19 for seniors and students, and $15 for youth (ages 3 – 11). Science for All – General Admission Access Program:
If you have an Access Florida EBT card with your name on it and a matching valid form of photo ID, please show them at the admissions desk to receive admission for $3 per person, for up to six individuals.
The OSC is producing a special all month all about the Moon Festival. 50 years ago, the Apollo 11 lunar module landed two people on the Moon, forever marking the day in history as one of the humankind’s most significant achievements. In every sense of the phrase, the moon landing was “one giant leap for mankind,” as the human race discovered the impossible can be achieved if we just work together. Exploring the Final Frontier has and continues to be one of the greatest collaborations in history, uniting people around the world.
During this month we hope to bring the Central Florida community together to commemorate 50 years, and inspire the next set of engineers, astronauts, mathematicians, coders, and inventors who will land on, explore and possibly live on Mars.
Join us all July for special films, programming, help us break a world record and of course join us for our biggest event of the summer: Moon Fest!
Moon Fest Experiences:
- Special Live Shows like Peeps in SPACE, and To Infinity and Kaboom: the chemistry of rocket science!
- We’re turning Dr. Dare’s Lab into a celestial laboratory with black lit space-themed experiments!
- Discover what it takes to be an astronaut in our Astronaut Training Facility.
- Catch First Man and WALL-E in the Digital Adventure Theater and Journey to Space, and Apollo 11: First Steps Edition in the Dr. Phillips CineDome.
- Participate in a Martian Egg Drop Challenge in DinoDigs!
- Create your own screen printed Moon Fest t-shirt in The Hive: A Makerspace.
- Laser Light Shows to the tunes of The Beatles, Pink Floyd: Dark Side of The Moon and more!
- Saturday only: Stay until 11:00 p.m. for Science After Sundown, with limited Moon Fest programming like telescope viewings on the Terrace, late night films and more!
More Astronomy Month Experiences:
July 16, 2019 – World Record Rocket Launch Day
Be a part of a world record for most rockets launched in a single day! Join the celebration around the world and launch stomp rockets at Orlando Science Center on July 16, 2019! Join us in celebrating the launch of the Apollo 11 Saturn V rocket with paper rockets launched by air pressure in Loch Haven Park.
If you like this article, then like it on our Otownfun WordPress account. Also, join to be one of our followers at otownfun on WordPress. For more great events, places, and articles, please visit us at www.otownfun.com
Note: All written content and images are copy righted by either by the person and or company who wrote and photograph published for this article. No duplication and or republishing of this article without the consent of Otownfun. Otownfun is not responsible for any errors and or mistakes in any articles. Any questions please contact Otownfunnow@gmail.com . ©2019 Otownfun.com