Information compiled and written by Robert Voss
Recently, you may have received in the mail the Slow the Spread – President Trump’s Coronavirus Guidelines for American post card. This government postcard was produced and paid postage by The White House and CDC. President Trump is adamant about making sure our country stays safe from the war on this virus.
Listen and follow the directions of your state and local authorities. The State of Florida has posted an executive order to shut down restaurant dining rooms, bars, gyms, and much more.
On the back of the postcard there are a list of guidelines:
- If you feel sick, stay home. Do not go to work.
- If your children are sick, keep them at home. Contact your medical provider.
- If you are an older person, or have a serious underlying health condition, stay home and way from other people.
- If someone in your household has tested positive, keep the entire household at home. Quarantine your family for two weeks to help prevent the spread of this virus.
- Work or study from whenever possible. Note some jobs don’t allow working from home. Check with your company’s administrator.
- Avoid social gathering in groups of more than 10 people. All entertainment venues have been closed due to the virus.
- Avoid eating or drinking at bars and restaurants – use pickup or delivery options. The State of Florida has shut down all restaurant dining rooms.
- Avoid discretionary travel, shopping trips, and social visits. It is not recommended to travel outside the state and or country at this time. The State of Florida has setup checkpoints on the interstate at the state line for incoming residences from Louisiana, New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. The State of Florida Governor has ordered anyone visiting from the states above tot quarantine for two weeks.
- Do not visit nursing homes or retirement or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical assistance. These places have posted notices limiting visitors. It is recommended to take contact with your loved ones over the phone, email, or through the facility window.
Always practice good hygiene:
• Wash your hands, especially after touching any frequently used item or surface.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
• Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
There is a disclaimer in a blue box that states: Even if you are young, or otherwise healthy, you are at risk and your activities can increase the risk for others. It is critical that you do your part to slow the spread of the Coronavirus.
Trump has reiterated that he would like to have our country back open for business on the weekend of Easter. It is unknown if this is possible at this time. Everyone needs to continue to keep social distancing. For more informative on this national emergency to please visit www.coronavirus.gov
Article graphics courtesy by The White House & CDC
If you like this article, then like it on our Otownfun WordPress account. Also, join to be one of our followers at otownfun on WordPress. For more great events, places, and articles, please visit us at www.otownfun.com
Note: All written content and images are copy righted by either by the person and or company who wrote and photograph published for this article. No duplication and or republishing of this article without the consent of Otownfun. Otownfun is not responsible for any errors and or mistakes in any articles. Any questions please contact Otownfunnow@gmail.com . ©2020 Otownfun.com
Source of information from first hand experience, coronavirus.gov