Written by Robert Voss
First off, I am curious about the total costs of this year’s Thanksgiving meal for a family four at home. The price tag keeps going up every year. Can you guess what this year’s cost is? Everyone deserves a great Thanksgiving dinner. Many restaurants have a huge price per person for this special meal.
I set out to get the cost of the Thanksgiving dinner. Then I drove a Super Wal-Mart Store in West Orlando. These prices were checked the week of Thanksgiving. Here is what I found:
• 1-Wal-Mart Pumpkin Pie 22oz, $3.98 each
• 1-Jennie O Premium Fresh Turkey 19.91 lbs, $37.23 each (price increase)
• 1-Wal-Mart Bakery Enriched Yeast Rolls 16oz package, $3.24 each
• 2-packages of Idahoan Instant Mashed Potatoes, 4oz, $1.00 each ($2.00)
• 1- Kraft Store Top Chicken Stuffing. 12oz box, $1.78
• 2-bottles of regular 2 liter Pepsi, $1.48 per bottle ($2.96), (price increase)
• 2-Libby’s Cut green beans 14.5 oz can, $0.82 ($1.64),(price increase)
• 2-Libby’s Cream Style corn 14.75oz can , $0.82 ($1.64)
• 2-Bruce’s yams, 15oz can, $1.06 ($2.12)
This year’s total Thanksgiving Dinner costs $56.59 plus tax. Yes, you will pay more this year by $13.89 as compared to last year with the same exact items. The cost per person is $14.14. Try going out to eat for this price. Sorry, one has to cook it, setup the table, and clean up. Plus, you’ll have some left overs for the next day. Is it worth the cost? I’ll let you decide.
If you like this article, then like it on our Otownfun WordPress account. Also, join to be one of our followers at otownfun on WordPress. For more great events, places, and articles, please visit us out at www.otownfun.com .
Note: All written content and images are copy righted by either by the person and or company who wrote and photograph published for this article. No duplication and or republishing of this article without the consent of Otownfun. Otownfun is not responsible for any errors and or mistakes in any articles. Any questions please contact Otownfunnow@gmail.com . ©2021 Otownfun.com